Voucher Management for Providers

How Can Licensed Providers Get Voucher Referrals?
Providers who are licensed and are in good standing with EEC must sign a Voucher Services Agreement, have an approved program curriculum, a written handbook with program policies and you must also have and active Professional Qualifications Registry (PQR) Number and have submitted a Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS) application to EEC before voucher child care clients can be placed in care.

Click here for information on the PQR

Click here for information on QRIS and the application

Please call Loida Ortiz at 413.272.2303 if you are a licensed provider. She will send you the necessary paperwork. Also, let her know if you have a voucher-eligible parent who wants to use your services and she will expedite the contracting process.

How Does an Unlicensed Provider (Informal Child Care –ICC) Get Paid for Voucher Day Care?

All unlicensed providers need to register with New England Farm Workers’ Council and attend an ICC orientation. A non-relative in-home provider must pass a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI), Sexual Offender Record Information (SORI), a DCF background check as well as a fingerprint-based (national and state) criminal history database check before he or she can get reimbursed for care.

A provider who is related (grandparents of the child, sibling, or aunt/uncle of the child) have to only pass a Sexual Offender Record Information (SORI) check as well as show proof through birth certificates that he or she is related to the child.

Other documents that are needed at the time of initial voucher assessment are:

  • Social Security card
  • Valid MA state identification card/driver's license, birth certificate or passport
  • Verification of your current address (utility bill, car registration or lease)

To register for an ICC orientation class, please call 413.272.2207

Voucher Management forms for Providers and Programs already with NEFWC


Instruction’s for completing an RFR

Billing Policies and Reimbursement Process

Confirmation of Provider Form

Direct Deposit Form

W-9 Form